Monday, February 21, 2011

The smell of freshly fried samosas

Today morning the driver didn't show up. So, being the seasoned train traveler that I am, I jumped at the opportunity to travel in the central railway train to kanjurmarg and prompty changed out of my skirt into trousers. I bought a pack of coupons and a smart card. And after getting my right hand squished on the trip back, I am going to get a season ticket for first class too. All this for a trip to Kanjurmarg.
Anyway, going was not too much of a problem. I got a seat and all. So it was ok. On alighting, I got on the wrong bridge. I could see the office building moving farther away with each step that I took, but then, with utmost confidence I continued thinking it must be some kind of a circular bridge and would eventually come back to the building. How very wrong I was. I really should find a hammer and badger this confidence to death. :-|
Anyway, a guy was kind enough to see my furtive glances at the office building (yeah, I was trying to be all clever and pretend that I wasn't lost. :) ) and told me that I was on the wrong bridge. I then went all the way back to the station to the bridge which was at the other end of the station. Needless to say, I was sweating like a pig by the time I reached office. On top of that, I was wearing pink. :-|
Anyway, I finally reached office.
Now fast forwarding to the trip back, I have already mentioned I got my hand squished. Towards the end of the journey, a lady selling hot and freshly fried samosas, placed her basket of samosas right next to me.
By that time I was incredibly hungry. It took all of my will power and some more to restrain myself from buying those samosas. But they smelled heavenly. Sigh...
All in all, a pretty eventful day.
Now I shall go watch masterchef
xoxo
The Rambler

No comments: