Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Mr. Darcy



I am guilty of being absolutely and utterly crazy about Colin Firth. I mean, I don't even want to deny it. Why would I? Just look at him. Brooding, Handsome, Just purrrfect. Both as Mark and Fitzwilliam Darcy!!!!
He was absolutely perfect as Mr. Darcy in the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. But it wasn't Pride and Prejudice which made me fall in love with him. It was the ultimate spinster story, 'Bridget Jones' Diary'. I love that movie. And as much as I love Hugh Grant for making movies like Notting Hill, I love Colin Firth much more for being the irresistible Mr. Darcy both in Bridget Jones and Pride and Prejudice. And to watch two good looking men fight it out... Nothing can give greater joy to a woman than to see two good looking men fight over her. :P quite a narcissistic joy.
Yesterday I went on this huge Mr. Darcy binge and ended up watching Bridget Jones part 1 and 2 and the entire BBC series. It was pure ecstacy to watch Mr. Darcy in action in the BBC series. The Lake scene...so HOT!!!! But since my chances of a date with him seem relatively slim with him having a good looking wife and kids and the happy married life, I shall keep myself happy smiling while watching Colin Firth movies.
The recent craze for Colin Firth only started when I watched 'The King's Speech' this weekend. Brilliant movie. I absolutely loved watched it. And I did love Lionel more than the king. But then somehow the movie triggered a craving for Colin Firth movies. And so I did the needful and brought up a big internet bill. But what the hell, I can atleast have nice wonderful sweet Mr. Darcy dreams. :)
As much as I love bad boy Bass, there is something somewhere in Colin Firth's Mr. Darcy, that just gives him that extra point. :P
My last word on Colin Firth... One can never have enough of Mr. Darcy.
Ah well, I shall go find some other Colin Firth movie to watch. Maybe Shakespeare in love. Or Maybe I'll watch Pride and Prejudice all over again.
Till I find my Mr. Darcy
xoxo
The Rambler

No comments: