Thursday, August 7, 2008

return

A long time...yes a very long time since I have entered a post or even seen the face of my beloved blog...yet it seems so short...the holidays. Yes...the holidays...the wonderful days that I spent at home and in Europe...
I have a sense of disappointment as well as this feeling of pure joy. Joy, coz I was actually able to see some the finest architectural creations known to mankind and disappointed coz its over...those glorious days that I spent in Europe are now a part of my past. I will never be able to experience the amazement at the first sight of the Alps...or the complete awe with which I greeted the colioseum...
Apart from the trip, lots of other interesting stuff also happened during this period of 2 and half months. Like nadal dethroning federer to take the wimby crown, and I believe that the fate of the number 1 spot on the atp rankings is also the same...federer fans can argue as much as they like, but believe me that that’s gonna happen. Right now, am waiting for the Cincinnati event to end...I sincerely hope that nadal wins it. And the way nadal won the French open was simply amazing...
And then the nuke deal trust vote took place...and when money was brought out in the parliament, I truly felt ashamed to be a citizen of this country. And this took place when the whole world has its eyes on India...
And then of course, the consecutive blasts which took place leaving the residents of Bangalore and especially Ahmadabad completely devastated and shook the belief of people on humanity...
Will the terrorists stop at nothing???Targeting hospitals is a cowardly act of the highest order...the place which can give a person a second chance at life was targeted leaving people bereft of faith.
What I fail to understand in this entire scheme of things is what purpose is served by murdering the hapless common man?
signing off
Waiting for the dawn of a new era...
xoxo
the rambler

No comments: